So, instead of making one big and crazy resolution that will fail in the first week of the new year, I try to set a few, small goals for myself at the beginning of each year. Here are my top 5 (not in order):
1. Write on my blog more. Going to shoot for twice a month..I think that is doable.
2. Take better care of my teeth. Yes, kinda silly I know. When I got preggo with Micah I got out of the habbit of taking care of my teeth, and now I have my first cavity. No good!
3. Get my life organized. This basically means I need to be intentional about how I spend my time, start making lists, meal plans etc.
4. Visit the residents at Alder Bay more often. Alder Bay is a Senior Living Center next door to my house. Before I had Micah, Bethany and I went there once a week and made crafts with a few of the residents. I haven’t gone much this past year. A group of us from our church put on a special service there on Christmas Eve and it lit a spark in my heart. I remembered how much I enjoyed spending time and ministering to the residents there.
5. This should be number 1…draw closer to the Lord! I want to know His heart, His thoughts. I want to be close to Him. I want to be holy and set apart for Him and His Kingdom purposes. I want to spend more time soaking up His word and pouring out myself to Him in prayer. I want to abide in Him.
- begin every day in His Word and in prayer
- throughout my day, fix my mind on Him (constant state of prayer, worship and meditation on His Word)
- trust Him in all circumstances and not give way to fear
- in all things give Him thanks
I could go on, but I think you get the idea 🙂
Happy New Year!!