1. Time with the Lord. This was the main reason why I wanted to start getting up earlier. I was having a hard time finding a consistent slot in my day when I could just sit quietly with my bible without any interruptions. So I started setting my alarm for 5am. I’ll admit, I was not thrilled about it when I first started. It was not an easy thing for me to drag myself out of bed that early. But I did, and continued to do so, and am now at the point where I actually look forward to it. My times with the Lord have been so sweet, and I don’t have to worry about sticking to a schedule or time limit. That early in the morning I have the TIME I need to just sit in His presence, read His word, and lay my needs and my heart before Him…without any interruptions. I’ve also noticed a major shift in the flow of my day since I’ve been doing this. We are transformed by the renewing of our minds…when I set my mind on the Lord and on His word at the beginning of each day, there is a love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, etc.. flowing out of me that would NOT be there if I had not.
2. Time for exercise. Yes the evil ‘e’ word :). By 6:30 I try to be out on my treadmill. It gives me a great energy boost.
3. Time to tidy up the house, get lunch ready for Casey and get breakfast going before Bethany wakes up at 7:30.
4. Time with my family. With the house clean, breakfast done and lunch ready I have focused time with my family before Casey (and myself two days a week) goes to work.
5. Time for a nap. If I can get all this done in the morning I do NOT feel bad if I need to take a nap with the kids later in the day.